I'm not sure if you have ever had a job that required cold calling, but it is an experience like no other. My husbands job requires that he cold call about 40 businesses a day, so when he is extremely busy with appointments, I will help him by making the cold calls with the intent of setting new appointments for him. One would think that calling a business phone number, there might be a modicum of professionalism on the other end. Oh would that ever be a terrible assumption to make. Do you know there are people who actually answer their business phones by yelling "WHAT!?!?!" into the phone? I didn't know that either until recently. One of the business I called today, the man who answered the phone was sure I was a recording. Even after I said several things to convince him otherwise, he kept asking me if I was the one that did all those recorded messages that he keeps getting.... really? I sound like a recording? I had no idea, but think I should consider a career change, at least I wont hear the people yelling at me.
So after a full day of "phone work" I think dinner is going to be an "easy fix". I actually had lofty ambitions and was going to pick up some cod or haddock fillets and make homemade fish sticks, but alas the fishmonger only had salmon and tilapia in stock. What is up with that any way? So I decided the Gortons of Gloucester fisherman could come for dinner instead.... I can hear you now "Cheater cheater pumpkin eater" LOL! Well, yea, I bet even Julia Childs had a Big Mac now and then.
So much for my blog being about kitchen adventures and the fabulous gourmet meals... maybe tomorrow I will make something photo worthy.
Until then keep the vodka chillin'
No comments:
Post a Comment